Here we offer some EXCEL programmes for quality control charts and for the estimation of measurement uncertainty as well as assisting programmes for the evaluation of PTs.
Quality control charts are important and helpful tools of internal quality control in analytical laboratories. Therefore they are widely used and required by international standards such as ISO/IEC 17025
ExcelKontrol is a simple Excel® macro, intended for the daily operation of quality control charts in the laboratory.
With ExcelKontrol you may operate x-charts, r-charts, r%-charts, blank charts, differences charts and recovery charts.
All types of charts may be used as Shewhart-charts (with statistically determined limits) or as target charts. In the latter case the limits are defined by external quality requirements independent from the data.
he program is based on the description of quality control charts in the following publications:
- Funk, W., Dammann, V. and Donnevert, G., 2007. Quality Assurance in Analycal Chemistry. 2. Auflage, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim
- ISO 8258. 1991. Shewhart control charts.
- NORDTEST, 2011. Internal Quality Control – Handbook for Chemical Laboratories. NORDTEST Report TR 569, available here
- for EXCELKONTROL 2.1: Microsoft Excel 2000/2002/2003
- for EXCELKONTROL 2.2: Microsoft Excel 2007 or later
Authors: Dr.-Ing. Michael Koch, Dr. Michael Gluschke
Copyright: This program is subject to the copyright of the authors. It may be freely copied and distributed, as long as the copyright notice is not removed.
Warranty and liability: The authors have developed the software and the manual to the best of their knowledge. They assume no warranty or liability for certain properties or subsequent damages caused by the use of the program.
Improvement of the program: If you have suggestions for improvement of the program or you want to report bugs, you are invited to contact the authors. We gratefully acknowledge any support.
Save the file ExcelKontrol_X.X_setup_en.zip to your computer. The file must be unzipped, then you may install the programm with a double click on "ExcelKontrol_X.X_setup_en.exe". Please consider the EXCEL macro security options for the excution of EXCEL macros. You will find more details in the info text shown during installation or in the manual.
ExcelKontrol is available in 2 versions and in German as well as in English. EXCELKONTROL 2.1 is for execution with EXCEL until version 2003, EXCELKONTROL 2.2 ist for EXCEL starting with Version 2007.
Estimation of measurement uncertainty from validation and quality control data
- In the NORDTEST- Handbook for calculation of measurement uncertainty in environmental laboratories a procedure for the estimation of measurement uncertainties is presented. We have implemented these calculations in an EXCEL worksheet >> measurement_uncertainty.xls
- At present a new standard, ISO 11352, is under development, describing a nearly identical approach. We have incorporated the small changes in an update. This update is available in two versions:
Assisting programmes for the evaluation of PTs
- Homogeneity check according to ISO 13528 and International Harmonized Protocol >> homogeneity.xlt
- Calculation of kernel density distributions >> kerneldensity_v2.xlt
- Calculation of a robust mean according to algorithm A (ISO 5725-5 and ISO 13528 resp.) >> AlgA.xlt
If you have questions regarding these programmes, please do not hesitate to contact us.